Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Shenandoah Valley Four Wheelers
  SV4W's Christmas Party, Saturday Dec 17, 2011
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

echo valley campground (Read 1918 times)
DirtyJohnDeereHat
Newbies

echo valley campground
Jul 22nd, 2014 at 7:42pm

I have heard this place had a bad reputation. I talked to the owner and she said she has been turning it around. we went there last weekend for a small camping/wheeling trip. I thought it was a very nice campground. the pool was very nice, but its smaller than what the web site says. they redid the pool a few years ago, but still very nice. the camp ground its self was very clean and nice. it had a pretty nice play ground for the kids. my in-laws stayed in a cabin. the cabins still had a lot to be desired. the bath houses were kind of old school, but not bad at all. there was a big area up in the corner by its self with about 10-15 tent sites maybe. in the same area were 4? nice size pavilions with electric. that same are also had its own bath house.

i would stretch my wheelbase......if i thought it would help, but thats what MTR'S are for

IP Logged

jeremy
Site Moderator

brancher

dayton

Re: echo valley campground
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 6:46am

Cool. Good info. I used to be bad.
That twin grove we stayed at was a little farther but really nice. Didn't have many camp sites more for rv and had lots of cabins.

lets go wheelin!!

IP Logged

DirtyJohnDeereHat
Newbies

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 10:26am

We are doing another wheeling trip Labor Day weekend and wanted to do twin grove, all booked up... Last weekend they were booked solid also. I think twin grove needs to be planned in advance. The tent area with pavilions was very nice at echo valley, plus the will let you keep your trailers there.

i would stretch my wheelbase......if i thought it would help, but thats what MTR'S are for

IP Logged

DAVE
God Member

broke AGAIN?!?!?

DA CAVE

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 11:11am

Labor Day is Windrock!! Silly

Not every story has explosions and car chases. That's why they have nudity and espionage.

IP Logged

DirtyJohnDeereHat
Newbies

Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 2:31pm

well we stayed at echo valley again this past weekend. its a very nice place to stay as long as you don't have any problems. I booked to sites for my family and a friend and his family. my friend showed up two hours after we checked in and they charged him a different price. my in-laws showed up on Friday night, I also went into the office and reserved there spot. all three spots were right next to each other. well sunday night we were sitting around the fire and found out that we paid three different prices for the three spots. when we went to check out we asked them what the rate was and she told us a fourth price that no one paid. she than became very rude and started yelling that my wife should feel lucky that she cut us a deal. she than wouldn't return our $20 deposit until she picked our site apart, we had to put the picnic table back that was in the way of backing our trailer in... I than tried to calmly talk to the husband about it and he started yelling telling me to go camp somewhere else.

its very said, that place could be so much better and its only 4 miles from the park. we camped on labor day weekend and it was only 1/3 full. I now know the reason.. the only way I would stay there again would be if it was last minute.

IP Logged

kevin
Site Moderator

Got Rocks?

Bridgewater, VA

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 4:41pm

Echo valley is scary

Now that the Sami is done, I'm 100% sure that Jeremy is Gay!

Since when did "Bypasses" become standard issue on all trails?
WWW WWW  
IP Logged